Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Very Stretchy Cast On

I've been meaning to show you this short video which I made at our CWA craft group a little while ago. The cast on is for 1x1 ribbing and gives a very professional look. Once you get the hang of it, its not that difficult. Excuse the amateurish video but we're just novices.


 I've been frantically trying to get organised for my daughter's wedding on 19 April (Easter Saturday) plus all the other things going on in my life at the moment. Not much time for crocheting - just a couple of hats for charity.


This is the popular Skater Beanie which is free on Ravelry. I used worsted weight and BWM 8ply for the stripes.


And one of my favourite patterns for a little girls hat, the Perenni, designed by Deanne Ramsay (a fellow Canberran) which is also free here.  For this I used Bendigo Woolen Mills 8ply wool.

I'm looking forward to having lunch with my dear friend L tomorrow. We're both like-minded crafty souls so its always a very enjoyable occasion. If she agrees, I might be able to share some of her try-out photos taken about two weeks ago. L is a very good photographer and will be doing my daughter's wedding pics.

No more news from me today .... see you at your place. xox


3 comments:

  1. So fun to hear you and your pretty accent! I think I might be able to do that the way you are showing it. What happens when you get all those stitches on your needle? Maybe I shouldn't even ask and open a can of worms. I don't know how to knit at all and have never been able to get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy.. that tan and red hat is just gorgeous! I bet anyone would be happy to wear that. The other one is very feminine. You're a skilled craftswoman. Good luck on the wedding! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hats, Dorothy, and thank you very much for the great video! This cast-on is very interesting and I will give it a try at the next opportunity :-).
    Have a nice day! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox