Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Slouchy Hat and New Book

In keeping with my addiction to making hats, I just had to try this pattern when I found it on Ravelry a few days ago.


I used some Caron WW yarn I had in my stash, with a 5.50mm hook. Its a very easy pattern and works up quickly.  The only problem I had was that my stitch count increased much more than what was written in the pattern so I just adjusted in the row before I started the 'rib' bit.

At the moment I'm tossing up whether to finish a few knitted scarves I have on the go, or to start a new crochet project from this wonderful book I received last week.


As the cover indicates, there are 101 projects in this book and they are grouped together in 7 sections according to yarn weight.   Here are a few patterns that caught my eye ..


The shawl/scarf and the little bag are done in Tunisian and I'm leaning towards the former as my first project from the book.  Its done in sock yarn with a 5.50mm Tunisian hook.   There are so many great projects in this book so if you're like me and have lots of single balls of yarn, I'd highly recommend checking it out. I bought mine from the Bookdepository in UK (free worldwide postage).

That's it from me for today - thanks for visiting and I'll 'see you at your place'. Enjoy the rest of the week.




3 comments:

  1. Cool slouchie! I made a similar one for my DIL. That book surely will lure you away from your WIPS! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor Kitty lol..
    My daughter in law K. would love the slouch hat.. made for the young at heart too :))
    Great book.. Now which project are you going to start ??
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox