Monday, June 24, 2013

UFOs everywhere & a Bad Case of Start-itis

Its been so long since my last post that I thought I'd better pop in to say hello and let you all know that I'm still here in the land of the living.

As the title of this post indicates, I'm suffering badly at the moment with lots of unfinished things 'haunting' me but a severe case of start-itis has kicked in and more potential UFOs are being added daily.  I received an early birthday present from a good friend today - 3 patterns from my Ravelry wish list and guess what I have an almost uncontrollable urge to do??  You got it, start one of the cute little tunics in one of those patterns.

One thing I did finish last week was a hat which was supposed to be a toddler's size   but it actually fits me so I'll save it for one of the charities requesting adult items.


For this hat I used Magnum Soft 8ply, 4.00mm needles and an old Patons Totem pattern.

Also on the needles is a child's jumper I started, to try some yarn I haven't used before. Its Carnival Effects 8ply and is one of those clever yarns that creates the pattern as you go along.  Here's a peek of the beginning (I've actually nearly finished the back but took this photo a few days ago).


Not 100% sure I really like this yarn. They also do another version that creates little coloured spots on a white background - might have to get some of that to try.

Its bitterly cold here - raining too, but thank goodness I don't have to go out again for a few days so hopefully I might have something else to show you soon. Could even be one of those UFOs.

xoxox

3 comments:

  1. That hat is gorgeous!! Are those faux tortoise shell needles I see? I have quite a collection of them.. all from Australia. I have to find the yarn for my last Teddy Bear.. but the 4 year old boy has decided on PINK.. and his dad does not want him to have pink. Now what! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know what you mean by cold, but no rain here... The crochet/knitting seems a little slow here too at the moment.
    At least you have made a start..
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox