Saturday, June 8, 2013

One Shade of Grey

Today has been cold and miserable - perfect for a 'stay in pj's all day' kind of day and that's exactly what I did.   Also a good day for crochet - did that too ..


I had some Bernat Super Value yarn in my stash and used Suzi's Perfect Pink Shells Bow Scarflet  pattern with a 5.50mm hook.  The only modification I made was to start with 68 ch instead of 50.

Well, today was National Knit in Public day here in Australia.  How did you spend your day?  As you know, I spent mine crocheting but I heard that our Prime Minister spent hers knitting .. (sleeve of a cardigan for her niece's baby) ..


Update - sleeve finished and (according to her tweet) she just has the lace edging to knit and the cardigan's done. Thought you might like to know that !!

Need to go find something to knit/crochet now. By the way, have you seen this doing the rounds on facebook ?



3 comments:

  1. LOVE your scarf! It was fun to hear about your knit in public day and that your prime minister participated.. how cool! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy,
    Thank you so much. Your scarf is lovely, fantastic colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy our Prime minister knitting .I am glad you posted that tweet and pic :))
    Now your scarf is lovely , it is one I could wear , could you let me know where the pattern is ?? bought or free please..
    Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox