Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crochet n Craft Catch-up

Haven't posted for two weeks so thought I'd better pop in and give you a quick catch-up on what I've been doing.

Finished this little MyChelle cardi designed by Bev from One Yarn After Another and am very pleased with how it turned out.
Bev's patterns are very easy to follow and are well written. You can find the MyChelle pattern here.

Something else I want to show you is this gorgeous Mobius cowl which was an exchange gift I received from a dear friend, Jenny F from Bungendore. I love the colours.
I've never made a Mobius but will have to try one soon.  If I can turn one out half as good as Jenny's then I'll be happy.

We had the Craft and Quilt Fair here in Canberra last week. Of course I was there bright and early on the first day. So pleased that I booked in straight away for the Prudence Mapstone Tunisian lace workshop as in just 10 minutes after the doors opened, she was booked out for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was an enjoyable workshop - we started a scarf using a beautiful chunky alpaca yarn.  Here's mine ..
Of course I went crazy and managed to do a bit of damage to the plastic. Here's just a couple of the things I bought.
The little ceramic beads are for a crochet jug cover. They're cute aren't they?

The quilts on display were stunning - I loved this prize-winning one depicting the Melbourne Cup in earlier days -
For my overseas friends, we have a horse race here in Australia on the first Tuesday in November every year - its called the Melbourne Cup and is known as the 'race that stops a nation' because just about everybody stops whatever they're doing and watches the race on telly. At the track, you'll see the ladies all dressed in their finest complete with the huge hats or fascinators, some gents are in dress suits and champagne flows freely at the Flemington racecourse in Melbourne. Workplaces sometimes have special lunches, people flock to clubs to watch the big screen and at about 10 minutes to 3 everything stops for the big race.

Finally, these are for my Australiacrochet squares exchange partner for August.

Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. I love all your "stuff" from the craft fair. Those beads are really pretty. I hope you show us your jar cover when it's done.

    I just dropped Ollie off at the vet. We should know what's up with his back leg by late this afternoon. My research tells me it's a slipped patella (knee cap). There are four grades. If it is Grade 3 or higher, surgery is recommended. I hope I'm wrong, or at the very least that it's a lesser grade injury.

    I swear, we have put at least one of our vet's kids through college! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the t-shirt is great! Your Tunisian project looks wonderful, and the cardi is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag and really want one!!! Spotted it on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy! Love that sweater designed by Bev...I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the tshirt..Your horse race sounds like one of our derby's..esp..with the hats and we drink mint juleps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dorothy, I so enjoyed your post today, learning more about your wonderful country. I loved all your projects, each and every one. We're back from camping and I've posted lots of pix.. hope you pop over and visit. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so glad you liked the pattern. It turned out adorable! Thanks for the sweet comments. I loved the rest of your post too. What fun things you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox