Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Little Birdie

This is for Pammy Sue and anyone else who might want it ....  my interpretation !

Little Bird


Make a magic ring and work 16 dc into it. Join and close the ring.
Next round - 2ch, HDC into next stitch, DC in next stitch, 2DC in next stitch, 2HDC in next stitch, 2 SC in each of next 3 stitches, 2 HDC in next stitch, 2DC in next stitch, 2 TR in each of next 3 stitches, 2 DTR in next stitch, 1 DTR in next stitch and finish off.
Heart
Chain 4 and work all stitches in the first of these. 3 TR, 3 DC, ch 1, 1 TR, 1 ch, 3 DC, 3 TR, 2 ch then slip stitch.  Sew heart on to body.

Embroider eye with black yarn.
Beak - join yarn 2 stitches below eye and slip stitch back into same place.
NB .. I have added 2 extra DTRs to the written pattern as I thought the tail would look better a bit higher than how it is in the pictures.
I got the heart pattern is from somewhere on the net but for the life of me I can't find where it came from.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Dorothy...you did it!
    Thank you, thank you! I'm going to make me some birdies today, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy! I was going to try my hand, but you've risen to the occasion far more quickly than I could have!! These little birds are so sweet, I can't wait to try making some! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern with us ALL! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorothy, how sweet of you to figure this out, make one and give us directions! What a nice thing to do for Pammy Sue... and all of us!! Adorable!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! Thank you so much for the pattern - you are a super talented lady! I adore all your work so far!!!
    Love & Hugs,
    LS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! SO I can be lazy and not figure it out myself woohoo! (Always a good thing hehehe). Thank you so much for doing this, I see birdies in my furture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really good of you Dorothy, Thankyou for taking the time to write this bird pattern for us :)0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox