Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To Crochet or Not to Crochet

That is the question.  I've been making fingerless gloves for my daughter's work colleagues and the part I least enjoy doing is the cuffs because of all that sc and working into the back loops.  Not that its hard - I just don't particularly like doing it. So, the idea of knitting the cuffs and crocheting the rest seemed a good option. Do you think it looks ok?
As usual, the colour is way off - can't seem to get it right these days.  The pair on the left is crimson, the ones on the right are a kind of green and my table is a darker colour than either of these pictures.  The gloves from hell are below - contrary to what they look like here, they are blacker than black and were a pain in the 'you know what' to make.


As a bit of relief I made this little baby's vest the other night.  This will be donated to charity.
I think if I make it again, I'll do another two rows on the body section as this looks a bit short.  Very easy pattern though, and only took a couple of hours to make.

Its cold, wet and absolutely miserable weather here today so I'm planning on staying indoors as much as possible and doing a bit of knitting.   Before I finish though, I have a question for you ..............  If Kmart is lowering prices every day, how come nothing is free yet?

 

4 comments:

  1. I think it is the perfect application of knitting to crochet! Especially if you don't enjoy making crochet ribbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha about KMart. I think the gloves look great with the combination of knit and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job Dorothy. Really love the mix of knitting and crochet, in this project it works really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree Dorothy, kmart should have free items by now, but i think the knitted ribbing mixed with crochet is genius

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox