Friday, May 18, 2012

Hooked on Hooks

Yes, I'm well and truly hooked when it comes to trying new (to me) hooks and I couldn't resist this bargain.
All this for just $7.00AUD.  I bought these on eBay from a seller in Singapore who offers free shipping so it would have been very difficult to pass on this one. The hooks are comfortable to hold, very smooth and the throat is tapered like the Boye hooks.

My squares from the Australiacrochet 2 x 7" square exchange arrived the other day - isn't the squiggly one unusual?

Today I've been working on the child's Tunisian cardigan and am loving every minute of it. On Wednesday this week I had cataract surgery and I have to tell you I'm absolutely thrilled with the outcome. Everything is SO bright and the red yarn that I'm using is now about four shades brighter. You can see a little bit of it as background to the picture of the hooks above. Had to go straight to the optomestrist after the eye patch came off yesterday to get them to remove the glass from that side of my glasses as everything was blurry. Thank goodness you can't notice that the glass isn't there as I have to wait 4-6 weeks before they check to see if I need a new prescription.  I haven't been able to see so clearly for as long as I can remember.

I haven't shown you a pic of our furbabies for awhile so here they are, curled up on my daughter's legs while she also was having a catnap.  This folks, is not trick photography .... our dog Tasha, is indeed about half the size of Madison our cat !!
Sorry this is a bit blurry - lighting was lousy.


4 comments:

  1. I bought those same hooks. I had to reglue a few after a while but I like using them. They were a bargain. I love your Tunisian cardigan picture. Your work is beautiful and the fur babies are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hooks look really fun, and I'm glad your eyesight is better! Don't worry, my cat is also enormous :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that your cataract surgery was such a success!! WooooHOOO! Thanks for sharing your kitty and dog pics.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see that your eye sight is so much better...
    My your cat is huge...and adorable...both of your pets are...
    Loving the bright hooks....they were a bargain...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox