Saturday, April 28, 2012

Squares, a sneak peek and a sinful dessert

This week seems to have flown by but I haven't achieved a great deal. The weather is turning very cold here now and I must confess I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to creature comfort and love to be warm - very warm !! Its been a week of getting out of bed late (those polar fleece sheets are awesome) and keeping warm inside the house. The gas bill is usually sky high during winter but then who cares !! I'd rather be comfortable. I made these two squares for my partner in the May round of Australiacrochet 2 x 7" square exchange. She requested apricot and white so I hope she likes what I've done for her.
My interest in Tunisian has been sparked again and I can give you a sneak peek of a work-in-progress ..
This is my second attempt at this particular pattern (more details when the ta-dah moment arrives). For some reason I just couldn't get my head around how to do the stitch and had to abandon my first try. The penny dropped last week, (or was it perseverance kicking in)- I did a little practice swatch and discovered that the stitch wasn't difficult at all. I know one of my lovely readers will know what I'm making - can you guess?

Forgive me diabetes dietitian for I have sinned !!! Made the most yummy apple slice for dinner tonight - only using 4 ingredients and ever so EASY. We had it with a little bit of ice cream.
The recipe is here. Australians will be familiar with the 4 Ingredient recipe books but I'm not sure if they're known overseas. Every recipe only uses just 4 ingredients and they're super easy to prepare. There are several books in the series but lots of the recipes are freely available online.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. xoxox

7 comments:

  1. I am ESPECIALLY excited to see your Tunisian project and LOVE the color you have chosen.

    Now that dessert looks like something I'd like a smidgen of sans the ice cream (although I did make homemade fat-free sugar-free ice cream last week).

    Love your squares too. I have made those and they are really fun squares to make.

    Big Hugs from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous crafting! I think that pudding looks delicious. Definitely stay warm, that's one of my favourite things about winter, the chance to snuggle up and stay toasty warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dorothy what have you done!!! I absolutely must have some of the apple slice ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that apple dessert looks delish. My mom was renowned for her pie making skills.. I did not inherit the gene. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squares are lovely! And I'm always excited to see other people loving Tunisian crochet :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the darling grannies...isn't it amazing how many variations can be made in those few rows of crochet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dorothy, I just wanted to thank you for your birthday wishes that you left on my blog. It's delightful reading your posts and looking at your knitting photos :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox