Sunday, August 7, 2011

Year of Projects Update

Sundays seem to be coming around very quickly these days and so its time for my weekly update on the Year of Projects blog-along.

I think the only item from my list that I completed this week was another pair of black fingerless gloves for one of my daughter's work colleagues. Just have one more pair of black ones to do and those orders will be finished. Two more scarves are ready for delivery which leaves only one more of those to do also. This first pic is the Katia Triana Lux scarf ..


Next is the Rizos which knits up nicely but let me warn you - if you ever decide to make one of these scarves, DO NOT wind the 'yarn' into a ball as I did with the first one I made. I probably spent more time untwisting that so-and-so stuff than actually knitting it. It comes in a hank so remove the cat from the room and just put the yarn on the floor and work it from there. It only takes a couple of hours to make the scarf.

Here's what the Rizos looks like - you just knit into every second hole at the top.

Being thoroughly 'pussed off' Madison was forced to find something else to do while I knitted - life's hard at times isn't it?

The only other things I made this week were a few baby hats for charity.

Next week? That other pair of fingerless gloves and hopefully some significant progress on a baby blanket that I must have finished soon.

Till next time, enjoy what you do and please leave a note to let me know you dropped by to visit.

16 comments:

  1. "remove cat from room" - wise words indeed! Lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a lot of those lux scarves recently - 3 from my yarn group. I love them! I need to get my hands on some of that yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous but the Triana Lux is really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me you are prolific! I'm in awe. I should get some more flowers done this week while camping.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the scarves, they are stunning. That yarn is so interesting.

    The hats are so sweet. My Dad's girlfriend announces today that her and a collegue would like me to make some baby shower gifts, blankets, cardigans, booties, hats etc. So I say how far is the mummy to be. 34 weeks!! Nothing like pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarves. Can I also ask whether you are using a hat pattern? I need to make some little hats just like that but have yet to find a suitable pattern. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodness! what great projects! fun yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way the scarf curls, it is so pretty :))

    the little baby hats crochet up so quickly
    and look gorgeous..
    Hope you are keeping warm :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so productive!
    That first scarf is so fun and unique! What a cool project you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed my visit and now am saying hi! I love the first scarf in your post--so frilly and dainty.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madison is super cute! Oh, and your projects look lovely as well ;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. adding to queue. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good move to remove cat. Wow, you've been busy and everything looks great. The lux looks like it's lots of curly yarn, but I can't tell if it's actually knitted or crocheted? Is it just loops of yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandy ... Thanks for your nice comments. The Triana Lux is like mesh and you pull it apart and knit into the top loop - just garter stitch throughout and one ball makes one scarf. Its very very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the yarn is amazing but looks a bit on the "pain in the ask" side because of the tangling, I would have it in knots. :( and yes I agree cat must not be present in room when knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox