Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crochet Musings

Its been over a week since I blogged so I thought I'd finish off the month by showing you what I've been up to for the last few days.

At the moment I'm in the state of mind that I really can't decide what I want to make so have been getting some inspiration from the internet and what other people are doing. I watched this video and thought it was a great way to smarten up an ordinary beanie so decided to give it a try .....

I quite like the effect and will be doing a few more like this for my charity donations.

Then on to Ravelry and after browsing for an hour or so found these cute fingerless mitts which are so easy and I absolutely love them. Had to modify the pattern for our Australian 8ply and I used Totem 8ply for this pair ..

And for no other reason than 'just because I can', I played around with these just for fun.


Have to confess I got carried away with all that stocking stitch on the little baby's hat and it actually turned out a wee bit longer than it should but I suppose the brim could be turned up a bit more.

What will be on the hook/needles next? Who knows. I do have a baby blanket to finish for a baby due in September so perhaps I should get on to that.

Oh, before I finish this post, its been ages since I've shown you a picture of my favourite little man ... doesn't he look smart in his school uniform? The picture isn't the best quality as my daughter took it on her iPhone, posted it on FB ... and I pinched it from there.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Dorothy, wow, you are so prolific! Love the hat with the special little motif on the side... awesome! Your grandson is simply adorable.. don't you love having grandkids? How many do you have?

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa ... Thanks for your kind comments. Yes I do love having my dear grandson (only have the one at this stage). Other daughter has been married almost 3 years so ...... maybe one day :) I sometimes have trouble leaving comments on other people's blogs (thanks Blogger) but I always enjoy reading yours and seeing your beautiful grandchildren - and your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, I love those mitts. Pretty but practical

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a great idea for the beanie, so effect.. Mitts I can't get enough of so they are a favourite straight away :))
    A happy GS going off to school ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crochet beanie and the mitts look great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox