Monday, May 9, 2011

Garter Stitch and Gifts

I have two lovely new pattern books to show you today - one is a sort of stitch guide with each stitch (or pattern) made with just garter stitch (not one purl stitch). I think this will open up lots of possibilities and I'm looking forward to trying out some of these interesting stitches.



The other book is from Leisure Arts and is "Dressing Up Baby". It includes five crochet sets, each outfit includes a blanket, jacket, hat and booties. The yarn used is a medium weight with a 5.00mm hook so our Australian 8ply should work ok for these patterns.



Yesterday I told you about the beautiful shawl I received from Anne F in the Australiacrochet group's Mothers Day exchange, and said I'd take a pic to show you today. Anne's work is lovely and I will treasure this generous gift.



My family also gave me some wonderful gifts - this Lazypatch suit from my youngest DD and her husband, is like wearing a duvet (doona) but they say it softens after a little while and then feels like you're just wearing a t-shirt. I feel the cold badly so my daughter figured this would be the ideal gift for me.



And these beautiful flowers (plus a box of Darrel Lea Hard Centre chocolates) were from my other daughter and her partner who also took me out for lunch yesterday.



So, there we are ....... sorry today's post has been a bit picture heavy and I hope I haven't bored you all to tears. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. All the pics look fabulous, I like the look of the Dressing Up Baby book. Glad you had a nice mothers day, the flowers are lovely. The shawl is beautiful, love the pattern and the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were spoiled! I love that baby blanket with the roses! The shawl is beautiful, bet you can't wait to wear it! I'm still working on my Japanese flower shawl. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some interesting books, Dorothy. Where are you buying them from?
    Your shawl is gorgeous, what a wonderful gift to receive from Anne in the exchange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never to many pics Dorothy :)) They are all lovely.. the books are great to have and I must say the baby outfit is beautiful..
    Lovely gifts from family and Ann in the exchange :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, If they have what I want in stock, I always buy from
    www.bookdepository.co.uk ... they are always much cheaper than buying elsewhere and they don't charge for postage. I've found that orders generally take about 7-10 days to arrive. I recently bought a book from them for $14.75 and the same book here was $49.95.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox