Monday, April 4, 2011

Memories and M-A-M

I've decided its time to clean up some of the files on my computer and have just spent about an hour or so browsing. All the old photos brought back lots of memories and in the recipe folder I found some great dishes I'd forgotten about. Since its been forever since I've shared a recipe with you, here's an oldie but a goodie, especially if you're watching your weight. You can eat the whole cheesecake without doing any damage .... so, enjoy !!

PINEAPPLE CHEESE CAKE

BASE
1 pkt lo-cal raspberry jelly crystals
1 ½ cups hot water
1 tsp gelatine

Add gelatine to jelly crystals. Pour hot water over and stir until dissolved. Pour into pie dish to set.

FILLING

125g ricotta cheese
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
100g unsweetened pineapple pieces
4 tsp gelatine
30g skim milk powder
10 drops liquid sugarine
½ tsp pineapple essence

Dissolve gelatine in ½ cup of boiling water, add unsweetened pineapple juice. Put ricotta cheese, skim milk powder, sweetener and essence in blender. Add gelatine mix and blend for 20 seconds. Add pineapple pieces. Blend for 10 seconds. Pour onto jelly base and allow to set.

My crochet projects are all over the place at the moment. I have several things on the go but have spent the past few days having fun with a CAL (crochet-a-long) on Knit4Charities. We're making these Mile-a-Minute strips which one of our members will be joining together to make blankets for the Sydney Homeless Connect Day later this year. Here's two I finished today ..



Each strip is 62 inches long, made in Aussie 8ply with a 4.50mm hook. These are as much fun as the Crochet-a-Rainbow squares - love playing around with the colours.

And finally for today's post, little dogs have played a major role in our family for many years. Here's one last memory from waaaaay back. Aren't newborns beautiful ?

3 comments:

  1. Dorothy, your cheesecake sounds divine and I love your crochet stips! But oh my GOODNESS, the photo of that puppy was soooOOOooOo cute! What breed is it?

    Thanks for sharing..

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments Teresa. The puppy is a Japanese Chin. My daughter used to breed and show them with a great deal of success. She bred Australia's first Grand Champion of the breed and got several Best in Show awards with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weakness is for cheese cake.. Some time I will have to make it :))
    Thanks for the recipe..
    Your colours certainly are lovely with the mile a minute cal, but that puppy, certainly pulls at the heart strings.. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox