Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I was going to leave it till tonight to pop in and wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy 2011 but with the family coming over for a European style Christmas Eve buffet tonight, I thought I'd better do it now. So, I do hope you all have a wonderful time. If you're looking for a fun, quick, easy kids treat, these little mini puddings are just the thing

They only take minutes to make so here's what you'll need.
Arnotts Royal biscuits
White chocolate melts
Jaffas
Mint leaves lollies - I couldn't find any at my supermarket so I bought soft jubes and cut them up but be warned, if you do that they are VERY sticky and hard to handle as they don't want to leave the knife or your fingers :) The method should be self explanatory by just looking at the picture. Have fun.

On the crochet side of things, I did something yesterday that I haven't done in years and that is crochet around a bought face washer.

The overlocking was so rough and shoddy looking that it really needed that crochet edge to tidy it up and I do think it finishes it off nicely don't you ?

Now I can't finish a post without a hat can I? I think I must be hooked on hats at the moment as I seem to have made so many. Anyway, this little one is one of my favourite baby patterns as the size is spot on for a bub.

Nothing fancy about this though and you don't really need a pattern as its just trebles (US dc) starting off with 13 in the ring and increasing the usual way on the next two rounds. For round 14 you turn (just the once) and do another 3 rounds to finish off. Turning makes the turn-up sit nicely.

Well, I'm off to the kitchen again to prepare an interesting sounding salad for tonight. If it turns out ok I'll give you the recipe next time. Have a great day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to do the edging on the facecloths and it does look great. Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox