Friday, December 17, 2010

Early start

I felt the need to knit yesterday so decided to get an early start with my charity knitting for next year and chose this toddlers hat from my pattern stash.
 
Posted by Picasa

Now this TODDLER's hat fits me and last time I checked, I wasn't a toddler !!
So frustrating, especially when it was a purchased pattern. Oh well, as its for charity, I guess it will fit someone who will get a little warmth from it.

I've spent the last hour or so sifting through my books looking for another pattern that might be better suited to a toddler and am going to try a pattern from one of the Lincraft books "Countryside Creations in 8ply". Fingers crossed it will be a better size.

All my Christmas gift shopping is finished (thank goodness) and I now have the luxury of a few days break before the mad rush to get the fresh food items for our Christmas dinner. Sooooooo ... I'll be off now and start digging into the yarn stash to find something nice for that toddlers hat.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty in pink. I don't know what it is about some hat patterns. I crochet but find this happens a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to knit for preemies you may look here http://www.frühchenstricken.de/ than you klick on the left side "Infos für Strickerinnen" (Information for knitters)and than "Anleitungen" (patterns)and the picture on the left side. It's a german pattern with sockyarn (4 ply) Perhaps you can translate it. Otherwise i would help you.

    Or here http://wollsinn.blogspot.com/2009/07/schurwolle-mit-seide-ideal-fur-kinder.html
    For childrens with head circumference from 40 - 45 cm.

    Greetings

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments - I do enjoy reading them. I'm using Australian 8ply yarn and am currently trying the Lincraft pattern which seems to be about the right size for a toddler. Once I get the sizing correct I'll be able to play around with different stitch patterns. I prefer to crochet but every now and then I like to do a bit of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pink Dorothy, I haven't made a hat for such a long time.I still have some in my finished projects box..
    I too have been going through my crochet patterns, I have found a couple of doilies I may make, but then...
    Looking forward to your next pic :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat .. the yarn I used was Magnum Soft 8ply. It is a pretty pink isn't it? The blue also works up nice too. Clara also commented on the colour but I don't think it would be available on the other side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox