Saturday, August 7, 2010

Craft Show

Crafters are flocking to Exhibition Park in Canberra this weekend for the annual Craft and Quilt Fair. It was pretty much the same as always but its nice to go along. My big purchase of the day was this book



There's lots of information in this book and I think it will be a very useful addition to my crochet library. I did pay $20 more than I would have if I'd bought it from the Book Depository but then I may not have purchased it if I hadn't been able to flip through it before buying.

I had a chat with Prudence M while I was at the show. I've been wondering if the Stitches & Craft show is going to be on at Rosehill this year and she said the talk is that the show has been cancelled this year. From another source, the good news is that the Craft Expo which has been held at Olympic Park in the past will be at Rosehill Racecourse from 10-13 March 2011.

No crochet or knitting pics to show you. I've been working on some gifts to go with those potholders I made a few weeks ago and as some of the recipients read this blog, I can't let the cat out of the bag !

A friend sent me a funny email today with some quotes I thought I'd share with you ....
Practice safe eating - always use condiments.
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorothy, it certainly looks an interesting book and the lttle quotes are great.. crochet hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox