Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Storm and Rainbow

Today in our local paper, I read a very moving story about a 12 year old girl named Dainere Anthony. You may already know about Dainere as Statewide has featured two stories about her in the past few weeks and her story has been on the front page of the Canberra Times. This beautiful, brave little girl suffers a rare form of brain cancer and was granted a wish by the Starlight Foundation. Rather than ask for a trip to Disneyland or something similar, Dainere, who has been blogging her journey, wished for a book to be published to help raise awareness and to help other people with cancer. A link to her blog is in my blogroll on the right hand side of this page. If you haven't seen the ABC programmes, click here and here to watch. I guess we can all learn a lesson from this courageous little girl - embrace life, live it to the fullest and take each day as it comes. Dainere's book is called "You Have to go through a Storm to get to a Rainbow".

As the days are getting rather chilly now, I've been enjoying the few hours of sunshine that comes through my dining room window each day and taking the opportunity to make a few baby items. My niece is expecting a little boy in the next few weeks so I made this little hat and pair of mittens for him.

Looking at the preview of this post, I notice that the hat and mittens look a funny kind of grey colour .... they're actually a nice baby blue so I'm not sure what happened there !!

I'm now working on a little cardigan and last night I indulged a little and couldn't pass up a great offer from JustCrochet in the UK. I now have another five beautiful pattern sets designed by Heather in my collection and think I'll start with a very cute pair of overalls when I've finished this cardigan.

The only other thing I've managed this week is a square for my partner in Australiacrochet's 7" square exchange. She prefers summer/spring colours so I hope she likes what I've done.


Before I go, have a look at this which I think fits nicely in the "what not to wear" CATegory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox