Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

I hope mothers everywhere have had as lovely a day as I've had today. My doorbell rang just after midday and I was greeted by a very nice lady who said "somebody has sent you a surprise" .... she was holding this beautiful tub of 'flowers' which was from my youngest daughter and her husband. The red hearts are chocolate but I don't think they'll be getting eaten for awhile as they're so pretty. Same daughter and son-in-law gave me a box of Darrel Lea hard centres which I love and am actually enjoying one as I write.



My other daughter and my grandson arrived soon after laden with more goodies - as always a beautiful bunch of flowers with a balloon attached and a cute little carry-bag. I love the colour of these flowers ....




Oops .. nearly forgot - here's the balloon that was tied to the flowers


Inside the little bag was a 3CD pack of Andre Rieu called "Masterpieces" - I plan to do a bit of knitting and listen to a few tracks later tonight. I really enjoy his music so I'll have fun picking out my favourites to put on my iPod.



It was a lovely afternoon with my two daughters and my little grandson. Meanwhile, son-in-law who had been fishing at Lake Eucumbene was making his way home with his haul of rainbow trout ...........



He's such a keen fisherman and any excuse to go fishing is good enough !! The total weight of the catch is 5.6kg - my daughter now has the job of packing and freezing. Here's another pic with the biggest fish.



Australiacrochet had the Mothers Day Exchange again this year and my partner was Maria from the USA. I've had the package for a week or two but wasn't allowed to open it till today - I can tell you, the suspense was awful and I was tempted more than once. However ...... this afternoon I opened my gift. Maria sent me a complete 'kit' she'd put together with everything required to make a handbag - two big balls of Red Heart Soft yarn, a pair of handles, a light-up crochet hook, the pattern and a really neat card that plays 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.



If you're reading this Maria, thank you for this lovely gift and I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day too. We are ahead of America in at least one thing - time !!

On motherhood, I like these quotes "A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car for ever after."- Peter De Vries. And this one "We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves." - Henry Ward Beecher.

I miss my Mum.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox