Saturday, January 24, 2009

Check Out the Check-Out Chicks

For the past two weeks I have been eating Valencia oranges, free of charge, courtesy of Woolworths supermarket !! Last week, after putting my groceries away, I looked at my docket and discovered that I’d been charged for navel oranges (at $4.99 kg) instead of Valencia ($2.99 kg). I phoned the store and was told that as per Woolies policy I would be refunded in full and to go to the service desk next time I was in the store. Well, today I did just that and received $8 back. Needed more things, including oranges, so went in and did my shopping, paid for the stuff, checked my docket before leaving the store this time and guess what ?? Correct – I’d been charged for navel oranges again instead of Valencia !! Back to the service desk to receive my refund. The moral of the story is to always check your docket and you too could be eating free oranges. By the way, did you know that the greener the skin on a Valencia orange, the sweeter and juicier the fruit ?

If its possible to love ads, this one just about does it for me !! Have a look at this -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox